Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day

Charlie loved the beach! He loves the water and loves getting dirty!
Not to mention, he loves EATING sand. yes, he is all boy!
He kept giving us such funny faces.
Building sand castles with daddy.
It was a pretty hard task to keep Charlie out of the water. The ocean was freezing but it didn't bother Charlie one bit! He absolutely loves the water! He would play in it til his lips turned blue and his body shaking!




This mother's day we decided last minute to go to CA for the weekend. We were ready to get away. We got to spend time with both of our families, hang out at the beach, and Pat and I got to get out for a bit without baby. And us girls on my side went out for a girls night. We got somethin to eat then went to see "Knowing..." (It was quite the process to decide on a movie) and let's just say me and my mom are band from ever picking a "girl's night out movie" again. oh yeah, it was that good... actually during the entire movie we were all laughing, scared, shocked, "what the hecked," oh yeah, we got it all. And the entire ride home we couldn't stop trying to figure it all out. Quite the evening. Definitely unforgetable and we all had a great time. For mother's day, Pat gave me flowers and a 3 day get away, and "charlie" wrote me a poem (very cute), and once we got home he made me breakfast in bed. He's so sweet and thoughtful. Happy Mother's day to ALL the women out there! (When Pat and I were dating he spoiled me on mother's day and when I reminded him I wasn't a mother, he told me it didn't matter because he believes every woman deserves to be recognized for everything they are, do, and stand for. I think he was trying to impress me... it worked! :)

4 comments:

Katie May said...

Oh my! Look at him eat that sand! So gross! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day! I just wish you had saved the trip for a few more weeks when I'll be there! ;)

the Orgill fam said...

aww way cute pics....im glad you guys had fun i miss home blahhh.

Heidi said...

OH my goodnes... he was REALLY eating the sand. Jackson cannot stand to have stuff on his hands.
Happy Mother's day to you too. LOve you Katie Jean!

betty b said...

ok as sad as i am that i didnt even know you came down for the weekend - charlies sand eating video made up for it. it cracked me up so hard!!! haha. i love you guys. hope to see you soon =)