Monday, September 14, 2009
FALSE ALARM!...
yeah, that's right. i had my first classic false alarm experience. i hadn't been feeling good all day last wed. so i decided to lay down for a while. once i did i realized i was having contractions pretty regularly, so i started timing them. 9 min...12min...8min...5min...4min...3min.... i figured it was time. so pat was rushing from mutual, packing our stuff (at this point charlie was in bed so a neighbor came over-nice) and we left for the hospital. i was feeling really nauseous at this point and its a half hour to the hospital from our house. well, we finally made it and they hooked me up to all the machines. apparently i was contracting every minute to a minute and a half, so they watched me for an hour or so but i wasn't dilating, so long story short they sent me home with a shot of morphine and phenegrin. needless to say i slept like a baby that night. since then I'm still having contractions but I'm waiting til they're pretty unbearable before even thinking about going back. so meanwhile I'm trying to walk A LOT and do what i can to help the process along.
10 comments:
AHH! That's so frustrating! I hope you're "feeling" better, but I can't wait to see this baby. When it comes to having a baby, though, I guess feeling worse it always better, right? Or at least one step closer to having a baby boy in your arms!
I don't have my cell with me or I was going to call you right now! Anyway, good luck! I am thinking about you all the time! I don't know how it felt to have a false alarm since I was overdue with Eli and I was scheduled to go in and I knew he wasn't going to come out any sooner. Hopefully next time is for real and can't wait to meet Jack! Feel better!
p.s. Chinese people eat watermelon and claims that will help to quicken the process... :)
Oh man, so sorry! That same thing happened to me. I waited too long though to go back in. I was an 8 when I finally decided to go back, so don't do that! Good luck and I am so sorry we didn't make it to your party. I was really looking forward to it!
Can't wait to meet Jack! Tell him his future favorite aunt is waiting for his arrival and to get on with it! haha love you katie!
I hope that means he's going to come soon! I can't wait to see pictures and meet him. PS - I'm so sorry that we ended up not being able to come to your shower, I was so bummed. We have a nice huge box of wipes for Jack though, so we'll have to get it to you soon!
we did the same thing this time around with Daphne. OH i hope Jack is here while we are in UT this weekend. That would be PERFECT!!! just keep walking!
umm alissa? i believe jack gets to pick his favorite aunt hahahha
im so excited for baby jack!!!! <3 love you katie!!!
looking forward to meeting Baby Jack! As I'm reading the comments, I feel bad that we weren't able to make it to your shower either! Dang! Brent wasn't feeling well... but we were still going to come, and then our babysitter fell through. I'm sure it was a great party! We need to bring over your gifts! :) Good Luck and let us know when the time comes!
so sorry to hear that! When are you due? Let us know the news, is your mom coming up again? We are close to come and grab Charlie too!
Hey girl I miss you. Let me know when you are up for a visitor!
Post a Comment