So last Thursday we noticed Charlie had a fever of 102/103. It lasted into the weekend and when he woke up from a nap struggling to breathe we decided to take him to the urgent care, but since everything closes on Sunday here in "Happy Town Utah," we ended up taking him to the E.R. He was checked over and it ended up being croup... and because he was having such a hard time with it during the day and knowing it only gets worse at night, they decided it would be best to keep him overnight so they could monitor him. Poor guy. I was having a pretty hard time with all of this, but luckily I had my great buddy Betty over who had dinner with me and later watched Jack for me so I could visit Charlie in the hospital. It's so hard seeing this little guy so sick cuz he just lays there, and if you know Charlie you know that is DEFINITELY Not like him. But lucky for me he was looking and doing a lot better and knowing Pat would be with him made me feel much better too. So he's home now and finally starting to act himself again. Funny how I never knew how much I could miss the crazy, energetic, non-stop ball of energy that kid is, til it's not there. Thanks everyone for your prayers
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Poor Charlie :(
So last Thursday we noticed Charlie had a fever of 102/103. It lasted into the weekend and when he woke up from a nap struggling to breathe we decided to take him to the urgent care, but since everything closes on Sunday here in "Happy Town Utah," we ended up taking him to the E.R. He was checked over and it ended up being croup... and because he was having such a hard time with it during the day and knowing it only gets worse at night, they decided it would be best to keep him overnight so they could monitor him. Poor guy. I was having a pretty hard time with all of this, but luckily I had my great buddy Betty over who had dinner with me and later watched Jack for me so I could visit Charlie in the hospital. It's so hard seeing this little guy so sick cuz he just lays there, and if you know Charlie you know that is DEFINITELY Not like him. But lucky for me he was looking and doing a lot better and knowing Pat would be with him made me feel much better too. So he's home now and finally starting to act himself again. Funny how I never knew how much I could miss the crazy, energetic, non-stop ball of energy that kid is, til it's not there. Thanks everyone for your prayers
2 comments:
Ack! Poor Charlie! I'm so glad he's doing better. Miss Mayzie actually had the same thing about a month ago. It's crazy and scares the heck out of me. I'm glad Betty was so sweet to help you out.
Im so glad Charlie is doing better! and you know that I'm ALWAYS here for you guys- we're family!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Post a Comment