Thursday, May 13, 2010

SS Epidemic!

This is a pic taken from our house of our beautiful city, Saratoga Springs. Isn't it lovely?! Well, to our dismay, today we got notice that the water here has recently been contaminated and we were all called and told not to use it, but if we must we need to boil it first. So you're probably thinkin, wow that's cool that the city is so on top of their game- notifying all the residents personally, going door to door handing out flyers, keeping us all informed...yeah, just a little too late for, that's right-yours truly. And let me tell you, it's been so(!) fun. So as the story goes I've basically been bed-ridden for the last 4 days having every symptom imaginable (headaches, muscle pain, lightheaded, sweating profusely, fever, hot/cold chills, shaking, stomach pain, coughing, sore throat, earaches, very frequent restroom visits...) when we decided it was time to take this to the professionals...who also had trouble identifying the problem/treatment, even after the check up and chest x-ray. He just kinda looked at me confused, shrugged and said,"well, it must be a virus. There's been a lot of sick people coming in lately." Then wrote me 4 different prescriptions. At least I got those. I think I'm venting. Then later the same day we find out about the water and realize that's all I've been drinking since my headache Sunday. Go figure. But on a more positive note, I am starting to feel better and Pat and I are just praying the boys will stay healthy. I really don't think I could watch them go through something like that. And I find it quite interesting that a while back Pat came home from grocery shopping one night with like 6 cases of water bottles. I looked at him a little confused and he simply said,"for some reason I just felt I should get these." A blessing?... I think so! Anyway, we'll keep you updated on how this all goes. Crazy stuff.

2 comments:

Katie May said...

Wha??? That's my own personal nightmare!! I'm so sorry, Katie! Holy cow. I hope you feel better soon. (and now I'm going out to make sure our water supply in our food storage is pack full!!!!) oi!

Deb said...

Wow that is crazy...so sorry you have gotten sick. I too hope that your boys stay heathly and you get better soon. :)