Monday, November 21, 2011

Our New Home!

Sorry, its been so long, but we finally got Internet so here are the pics I promised of our new home for the next 6 months!!

Home sweet home :)
The Entryway/Our Dining area
The Kitchen
Family Room
Jack's bedroom (4 total)
Master
Master closet and bathroom which could both be rooms themselves! we're enjoying all the extra space cause we're pretty limited on storage.
Backyard (half)
Backyard (other half, there's also a side yard)

And that's basically it. It's been pretty funny since we moved in. Our friends call it the money pit house because the first week we moved in we noticed all these random things that were either broken or just kinda wacky..dishwasher-doesn't close cause it doesn't fit?, garbage disposal-broken, master closet light-smelt like something burning every time we turned it on, jacks light-broke, the fountain in the backyard-broke when the guy came to clean it, window screens-torn up...oh yeah, its been great! So our little friend 'Alfredo,' comes during the week to fix all these random things. The nice thing about everything being broke or not working is that we get all new stuff :) but its been hard to wait for things like a dishwasher and garbage disposal... and poor Alfredo doesn't speak any English so our communication goes a little bit more like Charades. But it's definitely made us realize all the little things we often take for granted. Like for instance, we didnt have Hot water for the first week and a half, and we just got our TV and internet hooked up finally. Its felt like forever but it's taught us to appreciate these little things a lot more. Trust me, Cold showers aren't fun and they become more like an art, or a dance really trying to wash and ...anyway, Hot water's been nice. And the boys are liking it too. Well I could seriously go on and On and ON about our experience here so far but I've already typed more than I ever like to on these things and I just got back from a night of CrossFit and my arms feel like jello so I think I will retire for the night, but look forward to more postings, I plan to be better at updating! Oh, and HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!



3 comments:

Claire Evenson said...

Love the update and so glad you are all enjoying yourself!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful house! Even if it does have a lot of problems. :) That's so exciting to be doing something new. I hope you enjoy it out there!

Heidi said...

how fun! what a great adventure! love all the pictures! did you guys find someone to rent your place? I really should either skype with you or call. It has been FOREVER!!! Love you KT jean!