Saturday, May 24, 2008

Happy 1st Mother's Day to Me :)

I had such a wonderful first official mother's day. Patrick was so cute about making it extra special for me. I woke up to a rose "from Charlie" then a bouquet of roses from my beb (Patrick) along with a lily plant (theyre my favorite). He made me crepes for breakfast, and after (giving a talk...ya on mother's day...remember im new to this whole thing?) at church, Patrick gave me a full body massage with all my massage stuff from school. i totally needed that, it was so relaxing. then presented me with a home made gift (my favorite- he's so talented). it was a dvd he made of all the videos we've taken of Charlie since the moment he was delivered. He titled it "Becoming a Mother" and it showed clips of me and Charlie playing, laughing, and just hanging out with captions. I loved it! Thank you Patrick for making it such a memorable day! I absolutely Love being a mother. It is the most rewarding "job," and i can't imagine what life would be like right now without our Charlie. All I ever wanted to be "when i grew up" was a mom and it is truly a dream come true!

And to my mom, thank you for all you have done, and continue to do for me. I look up to you in so many ways and you have so many qualities I hope to emulate with my kids. I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Kimberley said...

thank you for your wonderful words. Reading your entry made me smile. You are wonderful Katie and so are Charlie and Pat. Hope to see you soon. Kim

Hunt Family Ramblings said...

Mother's day really is great...so enjoy every second of it. It's not that we need it to be a mother, but it helps remind us how much we really are loved! You guys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How romantic Charlie is already! :) alright, Patrick should take the credits, too.

How wonderful!

Heidi said...

How sweet. Im going to need to learn how to make a DVD of all our pictures. our computer is going to get overloaded with all these.

I still havent met that little Charlie! Im glad you had a special Mother's Day!Love you guys!

XOXOX

Ashley said...

Lilies are my favorite too! Small world. :o) What a fun mother's day. My highlight was that Brett got up with Kennedy every night that next week. It was awesome!