So since Pat's been back we've had some really good times. He gave us all gifts from Costa Rica. Charlie got a stuffed Iguana and Jack got a stuffed alligator that he loves! Then he played me a cute little love song that he wrote while he was there, "Once I Became We." It made me cry (I know I'm a sap when it comes to these things) as he sang how he's learned more about love and how being surrounded by beauty and paradise it's still not complete without me... you get the point. It was really sweet. Then he took out a wooden little sculpture of two "lovebirds" (that's us :). It was cute. Anyway, so after I spent a day recouping (sleeping all day!), we spent the next day taking the kiddos to Boondocks. We took Charlie on the bumper boats then went inside and played arcade games and he had a blast in the "kiddie zone," where he wore himself out to the core! It was pretty funny watching him. I forget how crazy that boy can be! He loved it and we all had a really fun time.
So as Pat's date night this week (I was very impressed), he asked that we dressed up nicely and he did a raclette style dinner. Where you take various types of meat and cheeses with potatoes and cook them on a raclette, or in this case our griddle which did quite nicely, so it's nice and hot and you just talk while it's cooking...it's really good. Pat had it on his mission-it's just more of a social meal. He even bought a baguette to dip in oil and vinegar. We had nice music in the background and ate by candlelight. We named the restaurant "Patricio's Bubbacino" (don't ask) and later we just danced the night away: slow danced, waltzed (or tried to), hip hop, whatever! I always tell him how much I miss dancing so this was fun. Another successful date night by Patrick Bennett :)
5 comments:
You guys are so cute!
Oh katie Jean! You are just too cute! what a fun thing you guys have going on. we really need to be better about our dates! where were your kids?
What a cute idea! You guys are so creative!
L.o.v.e. IT!!You are so great together!!
you guys are way too cute! i love your date nights :) simple, but romantic and fun!
Post a Comment