Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy B-day Hub!

Oh yeah, we're hard core
Pat's parents were in town and his mom made her famous (and very delicious might I add) Ecclaires that night. Yum! Earlier I took Pat to lunch and then shopping! He loved it! ;)
P.S. notice little Jack peeking over the table? i love it
This one's for you hunny-hun!
Our good friends, Jake and Ashley Rust
Oh yeah baby! You're looking at our winning scores for Laser Tag! (if you can even see them)

So for Pat's birthday this year I wanted to do something fun. He's been waiting, for any good weather, to play some golf...but why wait? why not just play golf somewhere where there's already good weather... so St. George it was. We asked our good friends, Jake (also one of Pat's good golf partners) and Ashley Rust if they wanted to come with us, who happened to have a timeshare available to them that weekend. It worked out perfectly! So we got babysitters for the kids (a big THANK YOU to Lea, Alissa, Betty and Dan), and we left Friday morning, arrived Friday afternoon, Jake and Pat played some golf while Ashley and I ran errands and decorated the room for when they came back. Once they did, we went out to a Brazilian Steakhouse-yum!, where we enjoyed many meats and tasty dessert (complete with singing :) Then we went and played a little thing called Laser Tag! It was a Blast! Our team played against a bunch of these little 10 year old boys who were totally whipping our Boo-tays! Only to find out after that we actually whipped theirs :) We were pretty happy about that. Then we went home and soaked in the hot tub and dared each other to jump in the cold pool, played a little Monopoly Deal (card game. fun. try it), and finally went to bed. Saturday, Jake and Pat played another round of golf while Ashley and I went shopping :) Then we went out to lunch and headed home...to cold, cold Utah Valley. Oh yeah, the weather in St. George couldn't have been more perfect! Can I just say I Really Love the Sun! It was so nice! Anyway, it was so much fun to spend that time together and with our friends, but it was really good to get back to our kids. It's funny how bad they can drive you crazy, but how fast you can terribly miss them when they're not around. So once again, a birthday success :) Love you Beb, Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

you guys are always so fun when you celebrate birthdays. I need to get on your track for celebrations :)