Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Sacrament SHHHHHHH!!! 's
So I know I have a lot of catching up still to do but I had to write about the last couple of incidents we've had at church during sacrament. Oh boy are you in for a treat! Man, I'm still shaking my head about it as I sit here contemplating whether or not I should write about it but it was so funny I dont want to forget it although right now I wouldn't mind so much...anyhoo, here it goes...so 2 sundays ago, actually lets start by introducing a friend of mine. I wont mention any names (sharlynn! :) but we've been hanging out a lot lately and we frequently share ideas about whatever. Mostly me picking her brain about parenting cause she's awesome and has 6 beautiful and great kids. So I started "the Bean system" with my son Charlie and it's been going really well actually (an idea I got from Sharlynn) where you reward the kid with beans when they do something good and take beans away when they do something bad.. Anyway, one Sunday during sacrament (Pat's already out roaming the halls with Jack) I'm sitting with Charlie thinking, wow he's being really good, when they open the walls to the cultural hall (you know what Im talking about?) and Charlie immediately books it! So I go after him trying not to be loud in my heels and threatening him as quietly as I can, "to get over here now! or I'm taking away a Bean!" (Bad Idea!) He screams. In the middle of sacrament. In the cultural hall where it echoes..., "Noooo! Don't take away a Bean!!" I grab him as fast as I can reassuring him, fine I wont take away a bean, shh, shhh. and book it out of there! Embarrassing right? ok but nothing like the next one. Sorry, I dont usually write this long but I really don't feel like cleaning at the moment. So we continue...
So back to my friend whose name I wont mention... ;) We've recently had an issue with Charlie where his "bum" hurts only it's not his bum its...well you get the picture. But we're trying to get Charlie to explain where exactly it hurts. I ask my friend what they call it and she said she's always just taught her kids the correct terms at really young ages. So I figured, yeah why not, makes sense. Well lets just say I found out why not real quick! We were sitting in sacrament once again. (Last week) This time all 4 of us. And it's going well. The kids are being quiet, distracted by toys. I'm reminding Charlie to think of Jesus when he randomly and very loudly might I add, yells and I mean yells cause apparently he's in a lot of pain, "mommy my PENIS hurts!" (oh dear) shock. panic. maybe if we just stay very very still...no. Pretty sure everyone heard that. I immediately duck with my hand over Charlie's mouth, while Pat's trying as hard as he can not to laugh. Pat soon meets me bent over and we are both just dying! What just happened?! And all I could think of was how much trouble my dear friend was going to be in. ;) I love you friend! The funniest part to me now is just how sincere Charlie was. He wasn't at all trying to be funny or make a scene..he just hurt and was very good this time, of course, at explaining where... oohh yess, boys are fun. I just wonder what the bishop is thinking about the Bennett Family these days...
4 comments:
Oh ya, you want to make sure to remember those funny little things our kids say, even if it is during church! I was even laughing out load reading that, Kevin asked me what I was laughing at. Love it!!! Can't wait to see you in May! Party time!!!
BWahaha!! So funny!
I actually have used that "bean" system with my girls for awhile now (we use fuzzy craft balls since Clark can't choke on those) and it seriously works like a charm! Good luck, friend!
I'll have to ask you in a year or so how to deal with little boys because now I'm REALLY scared. haha! They sure seem fun, though!
That's really funny. Chad and i learned from other friends not to teach our kids those words too young. They too researched it and felt it was best. They thought she understood it right...until they overheard her telling a group of friends and mothers (at age 4) that the boy's part was called "peanuts" and she went on to explain that when boys peed they could make us "peanut butter."
Thanks for the good laugh! Your boys are so much fun!
And thanks for the parenting tips.
Post a Comment