Thursday, December 1, 2011

A Little Overview...


Here's a few pics depicting our experience here so far..

We finally got Pat a bike and the boys a little trailor, so we go on lots of bike rides. Theres a Huge lake across the street from our house with trails and little beaches, and lots of ducks. We love it!
A pic of the lake from one of the little beaches during sunset-so pretty :)
Halloween! Dont mind our crazy eyes
My lil scurvy pirates!
I love this pic- you gotta love the flip flops! haha
we spend a lot of our afternoons at nearby parks
and weekends are usually spent at the beaches
our good friend and now neighbor (just across the street), Sia-one of Pat's partners. His family just Adores Charlie and Jack, and the boys love them :)
The boys with Tara (Sia's daughter) feeding the ducks at the lake across the street from our house. The boys love it
Just a couple samples of the kinds of things they make in nursery; a temple (left) and a thankful tree. the boys love nursery! We peeked in on them their first sunday in nursery here and they were on the floor shaking little maracas (sp?) and singing in spanish! it was hilarious! Charlie came home saying, "they speak Florida mom!" ;) FYI- our ward here is spanish/english. They switch every Sunday, so on Spanish week we all wear headphones for translation. And they alternate every hymn so we all get 2 hymnals in all our mtgs. Pat and I want to be more serious about learning Spanish so hopefully this will help :)

Oh and I forgot to take pics on Thanksgiving :( but we had a great time celebrating it with Bishop and his family, Peruvian/American style! The food was De-lish! And earlier Pat participated in the ward Turkey Bowl while the women and kids watched from a nearby park. We had a wonderful time and were so grateful to have a place to go. The members here are so sweet and welcoming.

So there you have it in a nutshell. We are Really enjoying ourselves here in Miami. Its been a great experience and we're making lots of lasting memories. We've been so blessed to have this opportunity and we're trying to take advantage of our time here. It's definitely helped us realize a lot about ourselves and the future. It's All Good, Esta Bien :)

I've spent a lot of time in the last few weeks thinking of All the Wonderful things I have to be Thankful for; some old, some new and some that even took me by surprise. And although some of these are too close and personal there are a couple I wanted to share. The first being the Love and Support I've felt in Abundance from family and friends, and second, the love I have felt for me and my family from a Loving Heavenly Father. I am Truly blessed and I hope to be better at recognizing those blessings on a daily basis because they are endless. I tend to have a harder time writing about my feelings, I am definitely more the picture and caption type, so consider this a Big Deal. So to all of you I say Thank You with a Deep Appreciation for all you've done, all you do, and all you will continually do. Whether it's been a smile, babysitting, phone call, text, hug, friendly conversation, advice... I Thank you. Thank you.

3 comments:

Sharlynn said...

I am so glad things are going well. Man I miss you like crazy and your sweet family. Keep having fun and hopefully I will be able to see you soon. Love ya!

Heidi said...

SO glad things are going well for you all. I am so happy you have people to help out too.

I love the spanish english ward idea. What a grea thing! and those nursery leaders must be amazing! what a fun adventure for you all.

Miss you

Donna said...

Super awesome! Have tons of fun!