Monday, June 29, 2009

Finished project...

cover
matching the surfboards
putting the shapes in the dotted outline where they belong (sails, boat, and sun)
dressing up the octopus (boy and girl outfits)
taking the shells and putting them in the bucket
counting the coconuts while putting them in the basket

So in an attempt to keep Charlie still enough to make it through just the passing of the sacrament on Sundays, I made this felt book for him. My sister Emily made him a cute soft book a while back, and he loved the velcro page-taking on and off the apples from the apple tree. so I decided to make him a book where every page is velcro. I had a lot of fun making it. I worked on it a couple hours each night once Charlie was in bed. It took me a week and on Sunday, it worked! I noticed a few non-Charlie proof areas that would need fixing later, but it felt good just to have him sitting in my lap for an extra 10 minutes! Where does this kid get all of his energy from, Seriously!

8 comments:

Katie May said...

SO cute! I'm totally inspired to do the same! And the energy? I wish there were explanations for such things!! haha! Miss ya, bud.

Familly said...

wow! That is so cute. What a cute idea. You are so creative.

L said...

are you selling this on your esty store? i would love to get one for my nephews!

Ashley said...

That is darling!

Katie said...

amazing! I love it!

Heidi said...

OH SO CUTE! I really wish we lived close to each other. we could do those projects together. man... if only... we miss you guys so much!

Unknown said...

That is adorable! Did you just make that up...or was there a pattern??

Deb said...

That is so cute and creative. You are so tallented. I love the dark hair color too. your hair is so long.